City of Perth Western Residents Inc.
The objectives of the Association are-
- To preserve and enhance the quality of residential living and well being for City of Perth Western Residents;
- To ensure that any future proposed amendments to the Town Planning Scheme by the City of Perth are consistent with the preservation and enhancement of residential living for City of Perth Western Residents;
- To preserve and enhance the availability of amenities and recreational spaces for the resident community;
- To ensure that any proposed future project implemented by the City of Perth is consistent with the preservation and enhancement of the existing residential character of City of Perth Western;
- To be a strong and independent community voice promoting community spirit and cooperation in ensuring the maintenance of local traffic safety and convenience for the benefit of all community members;
- To be a cohesive group of community members which can represent and encompass the views of the City of Perth Western Residents community and play a role in informing the City of Perth regarding decisions relevant to our community;
- To be a forum where community-minded people can present and discuss their concerns, suggestions and opinions , with a view to promoting comprehensive consultative practices .
- To enhance members’ understanding of Council processes, so as to actively participate in them, with a view to promoting duly reached decisions of the Association in Council;
- To liaise with the City of Perth councillors with a view to encouraging them to act in the community’s interest.
- To preserve and enhance the unspoiled nature of Kings Park within the City of Perth boundary.
- To preserve and enhance the unspoiled nature of Matilda Bay, Pelican Point and local river frontages.
- To encourage all residents both owner occupiers and leasing residents to participate in the activities of the City of Perth Western Residents Inc.
The City of Perth Western Residents association has adopted the "Model Rules (Associations) 2016" from the Department of Commerce, Western Australian Government.
You can access them here - http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/publications/model-rules-associations-2016